No - not this article ... the new invention/process/business idea
that you want to pursue.
Today's great idea can so easily become tomorrow's has-been. Or
- with hard work and diligence it might become the next mobile phone
industry or Google.
But how do you sort wheat from chaff?
Of course, there's no guaranteed answer but asking and
answering these questions is a good start:
- Does the required technology exist now or must it be developed?
- Can the IP (intellectual property) behind the idea be protected?
- Can it be manufactured, distributed and sold profitably?
- How difficult will it be for others to replicate? (It's not
always best to keep a good idea too close to your chest - if there were
only one mobile phone manufacturer the industry could not have taken
off so rapidly)
- Can the technology be licensed - in or out?
- Just how new or revolutionary is this idea? Can people be
persuaded to buy into it?
- How "technology proof" is it? Are you sure there's not a better
mousetrap about to be revealed?
With more than 30 years experience in design,
development and exploitation of technology based products and
services, we know the questions to ask and how and where to
find the answers.
We act for R&D departments, inventors, entrepreneurs and investors
and our services include:
- Quick report: using background knowledge of technology
developments we provide a brief, initial opinion on the likelihood
of commercial success.
- Technology review: We identify competing or conflicting ideas,
products, patents etc. Just as important, we advise on how the new
product or service is likely to fit with existing and potential
technologies, products or processes in the same or similar arena.
- Commercial review: From initial market research through to a
deep analysis of funding/licensing/manufacturing/marketing/distribution
of your product or idea.
- Funding: Help for entrepreneurs in identifying sources of funds
along with practical assistance and advice in obtaining the funds
necessary to pursue your idea.
All work is performed subject to a binding confidentiality
An initial consultation is free and carries no obligations.
Contact us today for a friendly,
informal chat or to arrange a meeting.